LIBERTY – Sullivan Renaissance announced recipients of the 2022 beautification grants for creation and care of gardens in communities and public spaces. Grants ranging from $500 to $2,500 were …
LIBERTY – Sullivan Renaissance announced recipients of the 2022 beautification grants for creation and care of gardens in communities and public spaces. Grants ranging from $500 to $2,500 were awarded along with “flower dollars” for the purchase of annuals. Funded projects also receive help from the Seasonal Renaissance Horticulture Crew. Sullivan Renaissance Interns will be hired for projects that involve community-wide beautification.
“We believe our gardens beautify our neighborhood and create a space where our neighbors and visitors are able to relax," said Pamela Rice from the Mamakating Library. The library has participated in Sullivan Renaissance for several years.
“We are building beautiful communities, one location at a time,” said Carmela Hugel, Sullivan Renaissance Beautification Program Manager. “In addition to beautification, volunteers are continuing their countywide fight against litter.”
The 2022 Sullivan Renaissance Beautification projects include sign gardens, building landscaping park creation and care of public spaces. The 2022 Beautification Grants Are:
• Callicoon Business Association - Callicoon Depot in Bloom
• Callicoon Kiwanis - Beautifying the Hamlet of Callicoon
• Daniel Pierce Library - Library Landscape Update
• Dynamite Youth Center - Wild Things
• Great Barryville Chamber of Commerce - Enhancing Barryville
• Hurleyville Sullivan First - Maintenance on Main
• Jeffersonville JEMS - Jazzy JEMS
• Livingston Manor Renaissance - Bloom On!
• Mamakating Environmental Education Center - Native Pollinator Garden
• Mamakating Library - The Beatrix Potter Garden for Children
• Phillipsport Community Center - Hamlet Gardens Improvement
• Smallwood Civic Association - Lodge Entrance Garden
• St. John Street Cemetery - Sign Garden
• The Club at Smallwood - The Side Garden
• Time and the Valleys Museum - Lost Farm Landscaping and Herb Garden
• White Sulphur Springs Sullivan First - It’s Bloomin’ Time!
Everyone can be part of Sullivan Renaissance and the mission to build beautiful, active communities in Sullivan County.
If you are interested in volunteering in your community, connect with Sullivan Renaissance at (845) 295-2445 or email@example.com.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here