BETHEL -— Peace, Love & Lights, a drive-thru winter holiday lights experience, is returning to the grounds of Bethel Woods Center for the Arts—the nonprofit cultural center at the …
BETHEL -— Peace, Love & Lights, a drive-thru winter holiday lights experience, is returning to the grounds of Bethel Woods Center for the Arts—the nonprofit cultural center at the historic site of the 1969 Woodstock festival—with more holiday activities than ever before.
Spanning across the winter season beginning just after Thanksgiving until New Year’s Eve, guests can once again experience the family-fun drive-thru holiday winter lights show on the sprawling 1.7 miles of Bethel Woods’ historic grounds from the comfort of their car.
Simply turn off your headlights and for more than 30 minutes guests will be able to follow the magical glow. There is nothing else quite like this in the area!
For 2023, Bethel Woods has expanded the experience by adding more winter light displays throughout the route to augment the visual attractions. Themed areas this year include: New York; Holidays Around the World; Snowflake Alley; Christmas; Candy Cane Lane; Enchanted Forest; and as a nod to the historic site, Groovy Way.
“As large as Peace, Love & Lights has become, we still find new and exciting ways to make it bigger and even better,” said Operations and Events Manager Patrick Miller. “This year we added three family-friendly activities in the Holiday Hub: Santa’s workshop for crafting, cookie decorating with Santa, and Holiday Hootenanny Fridays for live singalongs.”
Miller added, “Each display and wrapped tree is assembled individually, so it takes a lot of time and effort to install. This year we are grateful to the volunteers from NYSEG for providing their labor and bucket trucks to help Bethel Woods build such a large show.”
Beyond the dazzling drive-thru experience, Peace, Love & Lights is buzzing with additional add-ons and special offers including:
• Sullivan 180 Walk-Thru Mondays (November 27; December 4, 11, 18, 25) Strap on your sneakers, zip up your winter coat, and enjoy outdoor winter exercise as you walk amidst the spectacular holiday lights display.
• Holiday Market (November 24-26) This popular free holiday feature returns for the 15th year with more than 75 local artisan and specialty food vendors. This is the perfect daytime opportunity to shop for everyone on your list for holiday gifts, provisions, and more.
• Holiday Hootenanny Fridays (December 1, 18, 15, 22) Live sing-a-longs good for the whole family.
• Holiday Market Pop-Up at Peace, Love & Lights (December 9, 16, 23) A daytime into nighttime shopping feature at the market sheds over three consecutive Saturdays from 12-9 p.m., with a rotating selection of local and regional vendors.
• Dinner with Santa (December 15 & 16) An all-you-can-eat buffet dining experience for the whole family in the beautiful Event Gallery featuring a very special guest, Santa Claus.
• Gingerbread Build & Sip (December 17) Tickets to this holiday event include all supplies needed to build your gingerbread dream home and two glasses of delicious regional wine.
• Santa’s Workshop (December 21 & 22) Childen can enjoy crafting activities alongside Santa and his helpers as they prepare for Christmas!
• Cookie Decorating with Santa (December 23) Treat Santa with a custom confection your little one will certainly enjoy making.
On top of all these unique festivities, guests can enjoy $5 admission to The Museum at
Bethel Woods’ Main Exhibit with a valid Peace, Love & Lights ticket for the same day activities.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here